Alexteroon hypsiphonus Angola advertisement call
- Date of recording September 23, 2018 20:00 (Night)
- Location of recording Milieu naturel
- Temperature 25 °C
- Behavioural context advertisement call
- Habitat rainforest
- Habitat description riparian rainforest, Uíge province, N-Angola
- Comments Call corresponds to voucher: MTD 49697 (field number: ANF_RE_0718) Alexteroon hypsiphonus. Locality: Angola, Province Uíge, Kilomosu, Rio Mbolongonzo in app. 4 m height Macaranga sp. branch above creek, GPS-WGS-84: S07°39.485' E014°58.990'; 654 m asl , males call exclusively in Macaranga sp. , protected by ants that attack when branches are moved, forest area around creek and slopes recently cleared and burnt, charcoal camp and plantation, site in 2014 still forested Recorded and collected by Raffael Ernst on 23.09.18; 20:00 hrs. The recording was made in the field at a distance of app. 2 m at air temperatures between 25-26°C using a Marantz PMD 661 Solid State Recorder and a Sennheiser ME-66 directional microphone.